Tuesday, April 28, 10-11:00 AM
Live via Zoom!
Book: “Up, Down, and Around” by Katherine Ayres, illustrated by Nadine Bernard Westcott
Activity: Paper Plate Veggie Garden
• one paper plate (or a round plate-size piece of thin cardboard)
• hole punch (grown ups, you might want to punch most of the holes in advance. They are spaced closely together around the rim of the plate going just above halfway. Save some for the kids, but they may not have the strength to complete all of them.) No hole punch? That’s k, you can cut 1/2 inch slits instead.
• very long yarn or other string like twine. Brown or natural color preferable. (If you don’t have brown, kids can paint the string in advance with watered down acrylic paint. Put paint and string in a ziploc bag, squish. pull out to dry.)
• white and blue acrylic paint (depending on what kind of plate you have, watercolor might work as an alternative)
• brown acrylic paint (depending on what kind of plate you have, watercolor might work as an alternative) if you don’t have brown, you can mix primary colors (yellow, red, blue)
• paintbrush, cup of water, paper towel
• orange and green construction paper (additional colors to make other vegetables or flowers after the class)
• glue stick, elmers glue, or tape
• pencil or marker
Pre-K Storytime and Art Adventures with Ms. Eileen happen Tuesdays at 10:00 AM Live via Zoom! Each class features one book and one art activity led live by Carnegie Director Ms. Eileen. Classes are limited to 10 families. Projects are best for ages 4-5 with accompanying adult, but older and younger children in the household are welcome to participate. As a branch of the Floyd County Library, the Carnegie Center for Art and History supports the growth and creativity of an engaged, informed, and connected community.
Register here to receive your Zoom link and password via email: https://nafclibrary.libcal.com/event/6640912
You will need a mobile device (such as an ipad) or computer with audio and microphone capability. Supplies are common to most households with young children, but substitutions are possible. You can also order supplies with free delivery from Preston Arts Center!