Into the Landscape with Celia Kelly: Virtual Adult Oil Painting Class
June 23, 2020 | 1:00 – 2:00 PM – Live via Zoom
Registration Required by Clicking Here.
Has the moment found you wanting to try new things? Into the Landscape with Celia Kelly is an introduction to landscape painting for novices and beginners. On June 23 from 1:00-2:00 PM, Join the Carnegie Center for Art and History and instructor, Celia Kelly, live via Zoom for this free, instructional painting opportunity. Register here to receive a Zoom link: https://nafclibrary.libcal.com/event/6757075
Artist and teacher, Celia Kelly is attracted to the outdoors and has developed a preference for painting landscapes en plein air (the act of painting outdoors). For this class, Kelly will relate her experiences and impressions of working directly in the landscape by demonstrating on canvas how to think compositionally and paint with oil colors.
Participants will supply their own landscape image that can be worked into a painting. Kelly will offer her advice, suggestions, and answer questions via Zoom to each student. To learn more about our instructor and see images of Kelly’s art, click on this vignette from Louisville Visual Art Celia Kelly Art.
Suggested supplies list:
- Small, stretched canvas 11” x 14”
- Pad of palette paper or other palette for mixing paint
- Small tubes of oil color (suggested: burnt umber, ultramarine blue, cadmium red or naphthol red, cadmium yellow medium or yellow hansa medium, titanium white)
- Small bottle of mineral spirits (such as Gamblin Gamsol odorless)
- Small bottle of oil painting medium (such as Gamblin neo-Magilp medium)
- Selection of brushes, for example, #2 Filbert, #4 Filbert, and one #2 Bright
- Small, diamond-shaped palette knife
- Small glass jar to hold painting medium
- Participants must supply a their own landscape photo or color sketch to paint from
Most supplies can be ordered and delivered from Preston Arts Center!