Pre-K Storytime and Art Adventures with Ms. Eileen
Tuesdays at 10:00 AM Live via Zoom
Each class features one book and one art activity led live by Carnegie Director Ms. Eileen. Classes are limited to 10 families. Projects are best for ages 4-5 with accompanying adult, but older and younger children in the household are welcome to participate.
Register here to receive your Zoom link and password via email: https://nafclibrary.libcal.com/event/6629922
You will need a mobile device (such as an ipad) or computer with audio and microphone capability. Supplies are common to most households with young children, but substitutions are possible. You can also order supplies with free delivery from Preston Arts Center!
Tuesday, March 31, 2020
Book: Read to Tiger, written by S.J. Fore and illustrated by R.W. Alley
Art Activity: Tiger Collage
• One piece of cardboard, canvas, or other stiff backing. About 8 ½ x 11 or larger
• Elmers glue
• bowl for mixing glue
• small cup of water
• Orange construction paper, pre-torn into about 1” pieces. Perfection is not necessary. ask the kids to help!
• Black and white construction paper
(If you don’t have construction paper, or you want a challenge for the older kids, you can use magazine pages with mostly those colors)
• 3 round objects for tracing: about 7-8”, about 3”, about 1”
• yarn or string
• Black marker, preferably permanent like Sharpie
• paintbrush (or disposable sponge)